Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What's your destination?

One day while on my way to work, I was in somewhat of a hurry, as usual. But this morning, it seemed to me that for whatever reason, the driver of every vehicle in front of me, was going at an unsually slow pace. I began to grow annoyed, and found myself losing patience rather quickly. I didn't want to be in a bad mood, because then, the bad mood would in essence "ruin" my day. I began to gather my thoughts, and tried to slow my pace, to just go with the flow. As I was nearing my exit, I saw there was a LONG line ahead of me, each taking the same exit as I. Suddenly, it was as if I had a great revelation from God. Instantly in my mind's eye, I saw people hurrying around, rushing, not taking time out of their life for anything, not even God.  I noticed all the people on the same exit ramp, in a hurry of their own. Each wanting to get to school, work, doctor's appointment or some last minute meeting, but how many of those people had taken the time out of their day to acknowledge him? It was as if God spoke to me at that very moment, saying each person in each car has a destination, some place they are headed to, both now at this moment, and in eternity... "Where ARE YOU going?"  came the searing thought... I quickly realized how very true that question is. Each of us has a date with death, some now, some in the near future and some years from now. I thought of all the people who get in their cars for the last time, not stopping to say goodbye to the ones they love. Never dreaming they won't be home tonight, having no idea that this will be the last morning they go through their routine. Had they known, would they have made changes, done something differently, stayed home ? I am sure most people would..  However, no one, not you, I or anyone else for that matter, knows the day or the hour of their date with death.
Are you ready? Have you made arrangements? Are you prepared?  

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
{Hebrews 9:27 KJV}

Friend, this day is coming,  for we do not have the promise of tomorrow.

For all flesh [is] as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: - {1 Peter 1:24 KJV}

Won't you take the time today to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?
After all, he took the time for us, gave his life so that we might have the gift of eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - {John 3:16 KJV}

No comments:

Post a Comment